June 7, 2022 ‒ NASH Roundtable™ and ProSciento, Inc. will host the 5th NASH Roundtable Forum on June 16, 2022, as a virtual event. Consisting of leading hepatologists, endocrinologists, and clinical development experts from around the world, the forum’s goal is to discuss and steward advances in science, clinical research, and therapeutics for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The theme of the event: Is Digital Pathology a Game-Changer for Histology in NASH Drug Development?
The event will be moderated by Dr. Arun J. Sanyal, the Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine; Dr. Rohit Loomba, Professor of Medicine and Director of Hepatology at the University of California, San Diego; and Dr. Marcus Hompesch, President and CEO, ProSciento, Inc., and Editor-in-Chief, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
Keynote presenters include:
- Anil Parwani, MD, PhD, Vice Chair, Anatomical Pathology, and Director, Pathology Informatics and Digital Pathology, The Ohio State University, Wexner Medical Center
Presentation: Impact of Digital Pathology/AI in NASH Drug Development: A Regulatory Perspective
- Cindy Serdjebi, PharmD, PhD, Head of Research and Development, Biocellvia
Presentation: How to Get Better Insights from Liver Biopsies in NASH Clinical Drug Development?
- Mathieu Petitjean, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, PHARMANEST
Presentation: FibroNest: Quantitative Digital Pathology image analysis and AI for Fibrosis and Associated histological features
- Janani Iyer, PhD, Scientific Program Manager, PathAI
Presentation: Characterization of NASH Histology Using AI-Powered Pathology
NASH Roundtable Members participating at the June Virtual Forum are:
- Elisabetta Bugianesi, MD, PhD, Professor of Gastroenterology, School Medicine at the University of Torino, Italy
- Kenneth Cusi, MD, Professor & Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, University of Florida
- Scott Friedman, MD, Dean, Therapeutic Discovery and Chief, Division of Liver Diseases, at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Eric Lawitz, MD, Vice President, Scientific and Research Dev, Texas Liver Institute, and Clinical Prof of Medicine, University of Texas Health San Antonio
- Rohit Loomba, MD, Professor & Director of Hepatology at University of California, San Diego, & Director, NAFLD Research Center
- Vlad Ratziu, MD, PhD, Professor of Hepatology at Sorbonne Université and Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital
- Manuel Romero-Gómez, MD, Professor at University of Seville and Director of Digestive, Liver and Inflammatory Diseases Program at Institute of Biomedicine of Seville
- Arun J. Sanyal, MD, the Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Detlef Schuppan, MD, PhD, Professor, Hepatology & Gastroenterology at Mainz University & Beth Israel Medical Center, Harvard
- Miriam Vos, MD, Professor, Pediatrics, Hepatology at Emory and Director, Pediatric Fatty Liver at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
More information about the event is available at https://nashroundtable.com/5th-virtual-forum/.
To learn more about the NASH Roundtable and its members, please contact email@example.com.